Saturday, December 5, 2009

Nice To Meet You,

My name is Nicholas Taverna. I am currently a senior Economics major attending the State University of New York at Geneseo.

This blog is an attempt to underline interesting statements, share my amateur economic views and perhaps stimulate a conversation concerning economics. I will point to interesting articles I find, as well as pose questions and share opinion. I have no intention for this to trail off into rants or politician-bashing, but I invite any and all to comment. My ultimate goal is to widen my own view of economics and to catalogue any important findings. I may occasionally share something off-topic or personal but intend to keep that sort of thing to a minimum.

3 comments:

  1. Your comments are very interesting. It does help settle fears of hyper-inflation. I was wondering, if the economy might be furthure stimulated if I gave more money to my children, who might then spend it on items? Would this also help avoid deflation and make sure there isn't too much money floating around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A reduction in savings and an increase in consumption would lead to greater consumption yet less investment, assuming savings=investment (saved money is then lent to investors buying land, factories, etc). However if there is no lending and no borrowing then a lot of that money may not be lent out, meaning that any consumption is probably not significantly reducing investment, thus causing greater production (GDP), expanding the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nick!

    A blog is a great idea and I wish you well. From time to time I'll be posting questions and comments. Hopefully you can help me better understand economics.

    Thanks for the blog and good luck!

    ReplyDelete